Sunday, April 24, 2011

Birthday Part 2

Today was Easter!
It was wonderful! The day started with a trip about 45 minutes from COLLEGE to CITY CHRISTIAN CHURCH. The super amazing girlfriend and I have been going to this church since August when school started. I love the church and feel very welcome. Anyway, we had a early service at 8:30 and then a breakfast. Went to Sunday School to get an education on Romans 5 and 6 at 9:30 and at 10:30 we went to the normal service.

Overall very wonderful church service.

I then took the super amazing girlfriend back to our hometown and we met with her family and cousins and aunts and uncles. It was great, I love meeting with all of them. They are all so fun to talk to. I talked cars and guns with the girlfriends grandfather and although Swifty Morgan is only twenty one they still enjoy talking to the 'younger' generation.

Even at twenty one I went Easter Egg hunting with all of the cousins. I believe there were nine of us total and according to the girlfriend I held my own fairly well in the competitive world of DOE family Easter egg hunts.

After this we went back to my house and met my parents for dessert. My parents had a present for me and one from my grandparents. I got a good fishing rod, with an excellent reel and lots of lures, bait, and other tackle. I cannot wait to go fishing now. I really enjoy fishing and want to go more often. Maybe land me a big bass and mount it on the wall or something.
Thank you Mom, Dad and Grandma and Grandpa for the fishing stuff. I CAN'T WAIT to use it!

Later in the evening the weather changed very quickly. Suddenly there was lots of lightning and thunder and the tornado alarms were being sound for my hometown and the town south of us. I took the super amazing girlfriend home so that her parents could take her back to her UNIVERSITY and I would head back to my COLLEGE. Loaded everything up and hit the road in my trusty old Ford Crown Victoria.
I have never driven though a fire hose before but I can imagine it feels somewhat like the storm I drove through today. The surprising part? I was so relaxed during this drive. The classic rock station was playing a block of The Eagles and that was what helped make it relaxing. Tequila sunrise is a great song to listen to on a long drive in a thunderstorm. Several traffic lights were out of commission and flashing red in all directions. The storm really did some pretty real damage. And it isn't over yet, as I type this I can still hear thunder and see some lightning. I love it. Storms are my favorite.

All in all today I can reflect on one thing. Having people around you that love you is one of the biggest blessings in the world. Today the super amazing girlfriend's mother made me a cake. Chocolate and coconut, she makes this cake every year and I love it. Does she have to make it? Absolutely not, I am not her kid. I have been dating her daughter 3 and a 1/2 years and this is my fourth birthday with her. I know people care when they make you a cake for your birthday every year. I have had so much cake this weekend it is going to kill me but it has been great. And all of the cousins and family sung happy birthday to me today. I am one who typically shies away from any sort of recognition. I honestly prefer to not be recognized for anything. I never tell people when my birthday is until afterwards because I don't want them to know. I don't want people to do anything for me. But people care too much to just ignore my birthday.
Even yesterday my grandparents called as I was leaving dinner and wished me a happy birthday, and I have gotten so many wall posts on facebook. Many from people I never even talk to anymore. Just goes to show you the power of people in my life.

Well now it is time for Swifty Morgan to enter RA mode and do room checks.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment