Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another day Another year

Well folks, Swifty Morgan has turned twenty-one.

That is one more that twenty, one less than twenty-two. And you all know what turning twenty-one means.......


Thats RIGHT!.....



Going to thrift shops, hanging bulletin boards at work, eating ice cream on the steps of the courthouse in torrential rains, attempting to light a candle on your own birthday cake and singing happy birthday as fast as you can because it is so windy?

Yeah, welcome to the wonderful life of Mr. Morgan.

The day started like many other days. I awoke. Simple enough right? Actually my birthday started before I woke up. I stayed up too late watching king of the hill on netflix.

So 7 am I woke up bright and early. Can't waste today right?
Nope, I couldn't wait to wake up so I could roll over and go back to sleep. Today is a big day.

At 9 am my super amazing girlfriend arrived to bring me breakfast because I was stuck in the building until 5 pm for work. McDonalds is a pretty good birthday breakfast.

We sat around and watched TV while eating and then later I had to drive a group of students to a destination about one hour away full of amusement and containing several flying cloths attached to poles... approximately six of them.

When I got back it was one o'clock and we walked over to Chicken Express for lunch. YUM.

After chicken express I found out that neither I nor the super amazing girlfriend are very good at ping pong. I might venture to say that I am slightly better but because I know she is reading this I will go ahead and tell the world she could whip me any day at ping pong. Happy dear?

Enough fun and games, time to do work. I had to hang a bulletin board in the hall so the girl and I went and did that and counted down the last 15 min until 5 o'clock. 5 o'clock in this case is similar to the word freedom. I could finally leave the hall.

The super amazing girlfriend was going to take me to see the movie True Grit, something I was looking forward to a LOT. But the theater had an error on the website and there was no westerns on the screen tonight. :(

So instead we went to a junk shop. That is the non-polite way of saying we went to Downtown mini-mall. This mall is full of junk. Old coke bottles, random old documents, several military surplus items, lots of made in china knives. Remember if the knife says made in china, you treat it like your china at home. FRAGILE!

After the mini mall we went to a used book/record store which was pretty neat. Then we went to go get dinner. I love me some BBQ. And only in UNKNOWN STATE can you find people eating BBQ and smoking right next to their friend who is on oxygen. People are crazy.

The next part of my night gets a little wet. The super amazing girlfriend took me to a wonderful ice cream place on the square. Yes my town is cooler than yours and actually has a square. Anyway we got our ice cream and the lightning was very intense and it started to rain so we ran and sat on the steps to the courthouse. It was very fun. The only thing missing was a Delorean and a crazy looking man trying to attach it to some wires before lightning struck the clock tower. I don't know why I thought that but my town's square looks very similar to the square from back to the future.

After ice cream we went to kroger to buy a cake. I got a slice of cake for two dollars and split it with my super amazing girlfriend. Tried to do the whole candle thing but that didn't work out so well. It is really windy. She still sang and we ate cake and watched a movie. Wonderful day!

Time to go to bed. 7 hours until the early Easter service. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment