Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Summer Camp

Just a few more days until I am out of school and off to my summer job.
I am working at a Boy Scout camp again this summer teaching merit badges. I am excited about working in the national forest all summer!

Last Summer I worked teaching the merit badges Indian Lore and Woodcarving.

In my Indian Lore classes I had students write papers about what they learned.
One of my favorite essays was about the trail of tears:

Student:
"I likes how we talked about the trail of tears. They had a long hard hike. Many died and now are gowverment is having to pay for it."

Needless to say I am looking forward to the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I do the animal badges at Girl Scout camp and always have to emphasize my policy of "questions, not stories" because if I had a dollar for every child that raised their hand and started with "My grandma had a dog once that...", I would never need to work again...

    ReplyDelete