Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Snow Day #1

I heard my phone chime and the hall erupted with cheers.
No I was not in some great hall full of stock brokers and my phone did not deliver a text about the closing price of the DOW 500.... I was in my room, and the residents on my floor went nuts when my university canceled Tuesday classes. I am not sure if any of them slept at all, Tuesday morning was very quite and peaceful. I woke up early to go take pictures of snow before it was trampled on and got some neat pictures of campus. Those of you with access to my facebook may see them there. For those of you that do not and probably will not ever have access to my pictures on facebook take out a blank sheet of computer paper. Now set it on the floor. Ok, good job! That is what the ground looked like! It was white.

Ok enough of that. My residents spent most the day inside the building playing computer games, watching movies, and playing ping pong. I studied fairly regularly because I do not want to be behind in my classes anytime soon.

Tuesday at about 5 pm it got really loud again. This time I knew it was coming because university employees got an email minutes before students got their text messages. I was downstairs in the 'common room' and people started running around yelling and shouting cheers of joy... problem, if they are THIS excited to miss a day of school, they might be getting in a lot of trouble stuck in the building for two days.

So here is to keeping the peace in the building. For those of you at other colleges enjoy your time off too (if you got any).

No comments:

Post a Comment