Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wednesday Snow day #2

Live from ________ Hall at _______University this is Swifty Morgan reporting about snow day numero dos.

It is a Wednesday. Normally on Wednesdays I have my environmental science lab. I didn't today. That means that I still do not know who my instructor is for that course. The first two weeks my instructor was stuck in Chili because the airline went on strike. Now we have no class, hopefully soon I will know who all my teachers are.

This morning I worked extra desk hours. That is great because in the end it means extra $$ which means. I might get another penny per quarter return from my savings account! Living the Dream!

Before my desk shift I walked to 7-11 to get some coffee. At 6:30 the power company decided that the part of town that 7-11 is on was ready for a rolling blackout and power shut off. Luckily I was using my spare change to pay for coffee and had 11 dimes to pay. The 7-11 man told me not to worry about it, but I like 7-11 they are a good place right by campus. The guy that works at 7-11 worries me though, if I were his manager he would be fired ASAP. When I was there there were two of us in the store. And the other customer spilled his coffee. I guess he was so excited about warm drinks. Anyway the night shift 7-11 man said 'Don't worry about it, Day shift starts in an hour, I will have them clean it up'.... let coffee sit on the floor and the counter for an hour because you are too lazy to clean? As I have been told Ray Kroc of McDonalds once said 'If you have time enough to lean, you have time enough to clean' Adios Mr. 7-11 man.

7am to 12pm is a long time to sit at a computer and figure out what to do.

@ 7 am I started by watching an episode of Southland (a super cool tv show) on TNT.tv

@ 8 am I went on vacation. Sorta. I have a lot of fun looking a google maps. And lately street view has been covering more and more places. I was looking at street view of Big Bend National Park in west Texas. Very fun road trip, lots of mouse clicking, but at least you don't pay gas.

After I toured around Big Bend via satellite I jumped across the river to Juarez Mexico. That town has really grown since the last time I was there. It has almost been 3 years but there is quite the improvement to their roads and buildings.

Next I went to Santa Fe New Mexico. Drove around the square and never had to stop for a light! Google maps vacations are fun and free!

That actually entertained me for almost 4 hours.

After desk I went to Suko Thai for some food. Spicy Thai chicken wings? No problem, I am a native Texan. Spicy is GOOD!

Spent the rest of the day doing homework, what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment