Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Funday

My robot brain came in!

I spent 40 min waiting in line at the 'post office' to get it...

You may have noticed I put scare quotes around 'post office'. This is because the on campus 'post office' is not a post office. The cannot postmark items. The 'post office' is run more poorly than the real post office. I am not a fan of the USPS and think it is slow and inefficient but the on campus 'post office' is even slower. The on campus post office takes 2 days to get a package to the student. USPS said my package was delivered to campus at 9am Friday.
No package for me on Friday.
No package for me on Saturday.
No package for me at 12:45 today.
Finally got a package at 2:00.

And the line was 40 min long. I had nothing to do so I waited and got it.
The 'post office' claimed that it was the ice storm that closed campus for 4 days that caused the delay in packages.

The real USPS has a bit more pride in their timely deliveries.
While not the official creed of the USPS the famous
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"
Quote is displayed at the James Farley Post Office in New York City.

So an ice storm 2 weeks ago can delay packages this much? Time to look for a new career mr. fake postman.

One last gripe about the 'post office'...
The person two people in front of me in line had her package given out to someone else. The 'postman' looked up who they gave it to and told this girl to find someone with the last name Delarosa. Yeah, just find any one of them... they must have your package. Sorry Mr. Postman but it is your fault you gave out the wrong package, quit trying to tell that girl to find it on her own.

Finally I got my package and as I was walking away the 'postman' yelled at me because I forgot to sign his little digital signature device. After waiting in line for 40 min I was in no mood to go back and help this guy get his job done. So how does Swifty Morgan sign his name? :)

That is it, I drew a smiley face.

Have a great day 'postman'! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment